August 26, 2010

Blogathon! and Eggplant Update

My sister-in-law, Jen pointed me to the Loving Local: Celebrating the Flavors of Massachusetts, so decided to partcipate in their Blogathon this week as part of a week long celebration of Farmer's Markets.  

Check them out! There are a lot of cool recipes and food finds there.
 

Disclaimer: We actually don't shop farmer's markets all that much, but we do get a CSA box year-round and our CSA farm DOES go to the Somerville and Dedham farmer's markets all the time.  Oh and if you ARE interested in a fall share, Enterprise is taking new applications for their fall/winter share.  

Earlier this week I told you about the rather um...interesting looking Asian eggplants  (right hand corner) that we got in our CSA, well here is what we did with them. 


First I cut them up into circles, salted them up and put them in the fridge to sweat.  Rinsed, dried and sautéed them in a little cannola oil with some red onions from our CSA and garlic.  

I added some of the CSA green peppers, tomatoes. 


Added my favorite sauce (yeah, I know it isn't from the framer's market, but ya gotta love TJ's!) and a few pieces of pineapple. 



Served it up over rice.

Containerized for future lunches and dinners.

Yum!  I've been eating it for the last few days along with my favorite soup red lentil soup made with the kale back there.

2 comments:

Tinky said...

This looks really tasty--and simple. (I love simple)

Anonymous said...

We got chinese eggplants in our share this week too! so good....we roasted ours.