August 05, 2011

Friday's Drawers - Beet that honey

Baby bok choy, peppers, tomatoes, chard,
onions (these were awesome!) squash, beets, eggplant, garlic
This was our share from Aug 5th.  I am so far behind on posts!  

The star in this bunch were the beets.  The bok choy was good too, I sauteed that with ginger, orange juice and soy sauce.  But it was the beets with my friend Alison's recipe that was the best. 

I roasted them at 350 for about 1/2 hour. I used the toaster oven and that worked well. 

Once they are cool, they are wicked easy to peel.  Cut them into 1" chunks and put them in a container with 2 parts balsamic to one part honey. Let them steep overnight. I ate them as is, they were so good.  But Alison makes it with goat cheese, walnuts, avocado, arugula, and dried cranberries.  She uses the honey balsamic juice left over from the soaked beets as the dressing. 

I also made them with white balsamic and they were fantastic!

Thanks Alison for sharing! 

No comments: