October 16, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

Best.Butternut.Squash.Soup.Evah. I have to re-post because I can never find where I left this one. 

I just have to write this down now so I don't forget.  Seriously, I wanted to drink this soup with a straw it was so dern good. Ok, I actually did take a small sip with a straw. 

Whaa....I couldn't find my spoon and it was there.  It was clean.  Don't judge.

Note: I like to microwave the squash for about 8 minutes to soften them up.  It makes it easier to peel and cube. 

Ingredients
2 butternut squashes peeled & cubed (about 8ish cups)
2 onions chopped
1 big carrot chopped
1 apple peeled and cubed
3 T. butter
5 c chicken broth 
3/4 c. half and half
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Melt the butter on med high heat and saut√© the squash, onions, carrots and apple for about 12 minutes.
  2. Pour in the chicken broth  and bring to a boil.
  3. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
  4. Blend with a emulsion blender 
  5. Stir in the half and half.
  6. Salt & pepper to taste.
Makes 12 cups.

No comments: