I just have to write this down now so I don't forget. Seriously, I wanted to drink this soup with a straw it was so dern good. Ok, I actually did take a small sip with a straw.
Whaa....I couldn't find my spoon and it was there. It was clean. Don't judge.
Note: I like to microwave the squash for about 8 minutes to soften them up. It makes it easier to peel and cube.
2 butternut squashes peeled & cubed (about 8ish cups)
2 onions chopped
1 big carrot chopped
1 apple peeled and cubed
3 T. butter
5 c chicken broth
3/4 c. half and half
salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter on med high heat and sauté the squash, onions, carrots and apple for about 12 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Blend with a emulsion blender
- Stir in the half and half.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Makes 12 cups.