November 15, 2010

Friday's Drawers - Commando

ACK!  I accidentally deleted my farm share picture from Friday! Bummer. See what happens when I go commando....I lose my drawers.

Since it is Monday anyway, we'll just move on.

I will say that this week's share had a gorgeous head of cabbage in it. I wasn't sure what to do with it, I didn't really want anything too labor intensive, and since we planned on going to a friend's house that is currently On Plan, I wanted something fresh, and point friendly. So I pulled out the Weight Watchers 365 days of cooking book for ideas and found a *wicked* easy recipe for a carrot, cabbage salad.  And of course I modified it...but this is just how easy it was:

1 head of cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
6 carrots, grated (I had bigg'ins from our share - about 8 cups)
1/3c mayo
1/3c apple cider vinegar 
2T sugar
pepper

Play around with the mayo & vinegar to your liking. 

The result....my friend said:  "This is the freshest slaw I have ever tasted."

I brought 1/2 to their house, and left 1/2 the batch home. It was all gone before I hit the sheets last night. Now I am hoping for more cabbage in the next box. Yeah, there's a new one! I still need to google if 'slaw is freezeable...  

No comments: