March 25, 2013

Day 2. The Whiching Hour.

We are about to enter the whiching hour. You know that awful hour when you ask.....

Which should I eat?
Raw peppers or a handful of lucky charms?
Salad, or pb&j?
Water or wine?

For me, after work, when the chaos of post-dinner, pre-bedtime stress happens, good decisions are sooooooo hard to make. When my energy is low, or I'm frustrated and tired, it is hard to make the good food choices. Whiching is a bitch.

So here is my plan. Have a plan.

I am going to make sure I have good choices ready for me in those whiching hour times.

Little snack packs of veggies, bright colored peppers, little baggies of carrots, apples, pears, clementines. That takes care of the snacking, but what about dinner.

The best dinner nights have been when I have prepared meals in advance or I know exactly what is going to be made fresh. And i like to have a meal in my back pocket so the whiching decision isn't ...well....a witch.

My go to meal is trader joe's chicken apple sausage. Stir fry the sausage with apples and onions, add a sweet potato, heated up in the microwave or brown rice or quinoa and you have an instant easy   healthy meal.




No comments: