March 26, 2013

Day 3. More food.

When I start a new habit (or restart), I often want ideas to help me along the way. Original thinking comes certainly happens, but collaboration is tried and true. Instead of reinventing the wheel, go with something that maybe worked for someone else.

I just ask, that if you do use these ideas or like them, pass them on!

Here is one of my go to easy peaty tasty staples that I eat on salad, with chips or even as a meal itself. And it is really, really easy to make and you only need to get two fresh things from the store and the rest can come from the pantry.

So I would love to say that I ALWAYS eat from the outer aisle, but sometimes that is just not feasible. And sometimes halfway is good enough.

Here are the fresh ingredients you need:

1 small red onion
1 bunch of cilantro

And here are the pantry items:
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn
Newman's own lite lime dressing
Salt
Pepper

Drain the beans and rinse them, drain the corn, drain the tomatoes, chop the onion, chop the cilantro, splash the dressing to taste, (I do a couple tablespoons) dump everything in a container preferably with a lid and shake it up.

That's it.

Smells heavenly, right?

All this of course can be done with fresh ingredients, I like TJ's fresh salsa for example, or real lime and olive oil, but this is the quick and dirty way. Try it and let me know what you think!

Pura vida!

PS. How is the tracking going, you are still tracking with me right? I know Cindy is!


2 comments:

DebKAtkins said...

Love love love that recipe! I always do it with fresh lime juice, and sometimes throw in fresh jalapeƱo for a zip. I'm about ready to start tracking. Spring break, get thee behind me!

susan#'s said...

yum! looks good. I may join you in the recommitting thing;)