For many of us, the weekends, while lovely and a nice time off, are scary when it comes to sticking with a new habit.
At work or during the week there is a certain routine. Whether it is sending our kids off to school or heading out ourselves to work, there is a structure that we make for ourselves and food just naturally falls into place.
How many times have you said to yourself that you can stick to good choices doing the week, but the weekends are hard?
We started with the basics this week, just writing everything we eat down, no matter what it is. So we are going to continue to do that this weekend, this long weekend, this holiday weekend.
Here are some tips we can do to help us continue that practice:
- Leave your notebook, tracker, tracking device in a visible place, like on the counter, kitchen, or dining room table so you are sure to track.
- Write down what you plan to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the day (or whole weekend) and then check them off as you go.
- if you "cheat" don't beat yourself up, but STILL write it down.
- get sleep. Try not to stay up late just because it is the weekend. We tend to make poorer food choices when we are tired.
- MOVE! If you are bored, get out of the house and find something else to do away from the fridge. And if you go out, bring a healthy snack. If you decide to go to a restaurant, reference yesterday's post. :-)
This has been my weekends of yesteryear.... The trick is to figure it why all the snacking?
Frustrated? Walk it out.
Lonely? Call a friend.
Angry? Talking it out.
Bored? Go out.
Or hungry? Then eat.