March 03, 2011

Green Eggs n' Ham

Sam I am
I am Sam

Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
Would you like them here or there?
I would not like them here or there.

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
Simon asked me this morning if I could make him a "Special Breakfast" of Green Egg n' Ham in honor of Dr. Suess's birthday.  So we did a little breakfast for dinner.  

Eggs with dandelion greens, green pepper and pickled tomatillo hot sauce that we got from a few shares back.  Yum!  These eggs don't need ketchup at all.  

And because my Thing 1 and Thing 2 weren't into my version of green eggs n ham yet, I gave into my stay-away-from-dye foods for a day and dropped a drop of blue food coloring in the eggs....yellow and blue make....

GREEN EGGS n' HAM!


Don't mine look way more appetizing? Eh. They'll come around.  One bite though and Simon would have repeated the same line from the other night when I accidentally put horseradish laced cheese in his sandwich.  "Something in the sandwich tastes POWERFUL."  

Now go march Left Foot Left Foot Right Foot Right read some more Suess with your own Thing 1 and Thing 2s.  


 
Or make it a Suess & Clifford combo.  That is what we did tonight.


No comments: