Is there anything cuter?
Most of these fresh veggies didn't even make it to the steamer. Some actually did. Thanks to a timely post from a WeWa invisipeep, we had a very tasty side dish.
Raw almond slivers
2 yellow onions
DirectionsPre heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Prep beans and throw them in to salted boiling water for 8 minutes
2. Strain and rinse with COLD water to stop the cooking process
3. Throw the almonds into a shallow pan for 15ish minutes to toast them
4. You can use the same big pot you used to boil the beans... Add olive oil and 2-3 tbs of butter on med/hi heat.
while that melts....
5. Slice onions in quarters then equal slices. Add to pot and stir often, you want them to carmelize in the butter. Season the onions with salt and pepper.
6. the onions will take 10-15ish minutes to really caramelize
fold the greenbeans, almonds & onions together.
*I* did end up eating both the raw beans as well as the cooked ones. She did make sure I took off all the pieces of onion. We'll have to keep working on that one.